Monday, December 15, 2008

First Winter!

I am experiencing my first real winter out here in Wichita! Things I have learned so far about winter are...

1. Snow is pretty...


but icy roads are not worth it snowing!



2. Temperatures below zero actually exist!




3. Gloves are a necessity(I still do not have any! I have been using socks on my hands. Not working too well!)


4. 40-50 degree weather is beautiful and very much appreciated. You only need a light jacket!



5. I never truly knew what wind was til I moved here! And the wind makes 15 degree weather(like today) feel like temperatures that are just way too ridiculously cold!



6. That the feeling of being out of control on the icy roads becomes a normal everyday feeling! (Weird)




7. You actually need to own a ice scrapper to scrap and inch thick of ice off of your car every morning to even enter it! And possibly even a keyhole warmer to unfreeze your locks! who knew!


8. Everything freezes if left in your car! Even lip gloss!




9. Slipping and falling is still embarrasing even if everywhere you step is ice...


and last but not least...



10. I am not made to live in cold weather! Take me back to Arizona!

14 comments:

Lori Taylor said...

Looks cold!!! You take after me. I never liked the cold and I still don't. Too bad you don't like hot chocolate. That is one thing that helps warm me up at night. You'll be home in less than a week - you can enjoy our nice weather for a week. Can't wait to see you.

Anonymous said...

six days, six days, six days!!! yahoo! seriously- can't wait to see you girl! please be safe & don't kill yourself on those roads before you come! love you!

Afton LeSueur said...

an ice scraper for your windshield? Like a Mesa High ID card to scrape off the ice? heh heh, remember how we used to do that in the winter here?

Kelsie Thueson said...

haha. this is funny! Either because I had to learn the same thing once upon a time, or because people from Arizona really don't understand what a winter season means until they have to live in it. haha. Be careful driving!! It can get really scary!! Love You!!

abigail said...

I miss you so much Jess!! I can't wait to see you!!!!!

kali and kason said...

too cold for me! i can't wait to see you! when does your flight get in? when is graham coming? you will be here in less than a week! yay!

Anonymous said...

Yuck that makes me cold thinking about it! I don't like the cold at all! Don't worry we will find you some cute boots and gloves when you are here! Can't wait to hang out!

Katie said...

Oh my gosh, Kansas looks so cold! I feel like it's cold here, I've been wearing socks at night with long pants and its in the 70's, LOL. Miss you! How was your Christmas? Wish we could have seen you guys. We need to talk soon.

The Hills said...

wow i do not envy you at all in that cold!!! hey jessica, first of all, this is alyse hill. i am britton larson's older sister and i know this probably sounds really wierd and random, but i was just wondering if you still have the video britton made to answer you to a dance. the one were he danced all crazy to the snoop song. i am crossing my fingers it didn't get thrown away, but it you don't mind letting me know one way or another i would love that. i really need it for something :) my email is azhills@gmail.com. thanks a million!!!!

Unknown said...

Oh O hate the snow to. I would much rather have nice sunny weather! Glad to see your doing good though!

Katie said...

I noticed that you checked my blog last night, but you didn't leave a comment! You're in trouble Missy! How are you guys? Graham and I keep playing phone tag.

Anonymous said...

dear jess,
i am missin you lots and lots today. ):
love ya!
becky

AMIT said...

Oh nice post.All are missing to see.

Work from home

Anonymous said...

"amit" is very perceptive... we ALL miss you!!! i'm so excited you're coming in may! i'm countin down the days girl!!!